...and here we have the finished product. Not bad. A cute fall dress. I ran into a few problems finishing it, however. After I made all the changes I mentioned in the previous post, instead of making another muslin I just cut the pieces out of the dress fabric and went to town. Had I made another muslin I would have found that the adjustments I made to raise the neckline didn't exactly solve the problem. They did provide more coverage, but they were a bit loose and flopped forward. So I decided to go with it. Here's a close up of the finished neckline:
I folded each side over to form a little lapel. While this wasn't my original intent, it adds a cute detail. In order for it to be wearable, though, I have to have a camisole under it.
I also added a ruched sash at the empire waistline that ties in a bow in the back.
Overall, a fun, quick project. Here's another shot:
Thanks to Mr. N. for being my photographer.
My next project is considerably larger. That's right, it's time for a collection! Right now I'm sketching some preliminary ideas and gathering inspiration. I'll keep you updated. Thanks for stopping by!