Tuesday, October 27, 2009

sketches

Here are some sketches of the looks I'll be including in the Spring Collection:

It's a bit hard to tell, but the colors will be various shades of sepia, dark brown, and deep purple. The fabric will be silk organza, shantung, and cotten sateen for the pants and skirt. The lines on the bodice and shoulders of the first two looks are pleats.
I've finished the muslin for the first top, and it came out a little different than the picture, but I'm happy with it. It's always interesting to see the real life execution of the ideas in my head. Sometimes they work and sometimes they can only live as a drawing.
Tonight I'll be dying the silk organza shades of sepia. I love to say that garments are "hand dyed" when that really means "a packet of RIT in a bucket in my bathtub." Ahh, high fashion. Thanks for stopping by, I'll keep you updated!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Beth,
    I love the new line. That top with the slacks is especially nice! I can't wait to see further details. Keep up the good work!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, I love the color choices. And really, any profession where you get to use colored pencils on a regular basis has to be the bomb.

    ReplyDelete